This post highlights the benefits of freeze dried meals by Mountain House Freeze Dried Food.
Here are the benefits:
- Storing Food Makes Sense – Keeping food on hand for emergencies protects your family in the same way insurance protects your home and auto. With Mountain House freeze-Dried Foods, you’ll be ready for practically any disaster or emergency.
- You Can Survive a Food Shortage – If food supplies are interrupted for any reason, grocery store shelves will empty within hours. At that time, no amount of money will put food on your table. The same can be said about credit cards and ATM cards. If the power goes out or computer lines go down, you are own your own. Your family does not have to go through that. All you have to do is take a few simple steps, and you can be prepared with your the best emergency freeze dried food.
- Flavor, Freshness, Color, Shape, and Texture Maintained – Freeze-drying provides very unique benefits and advantages over other food processing methods. Frozen foods maintain their fresh flavor, but they must remain frozen. Dehydrated and canned foods are shelf-stable, but their high-temperature processing reduces their flavor, texture, color, and nutrients. Freeze-Drying combines the best of these methods, and locks in freshness, color, original shape, texture, and aroma of frozen food while providing the shelf-stable convenience of canned or dehydrated food.
- Simple Food Preparation – With Mountain House Foods and a one burner stove or candle to heat water (cold water can be used in a pinch), you can enjoy hot, delicious, gourmet meals in less that 10 minutes. Because no cooking is required, Mountain House foods require much less water and fuel than most fresh, frozen, and dehydrated foods. This conserves water and fuel.
- Tastes Great Today and in 25 Years – Mountain House Freeze Dried Foods are delicious, require no preparation, and will taste just as fresh in 25 years as they do today. The reason is the maker of Mountain House food starts with fresh and frozen foods, then prepares and cook them, and then freeze dries them, all at their state-of-the-art facility.
- 25 Year Shelf Life (for No. Cans) – Mountain House Freeze Dried Foods are sealed in airtight, nitrogen-packed No. 10 cans. Their unique canning process begins by removing a minimum of 98% of residual oxygen. Vacuum oxygen removal and nitrogen flushing are also used. It is a time-consuming and slightly more costly process, but well worth it in the end. This is the same process required by the U.S. Military (for whom they also prepare food for). Mountain House foods have the longest shelf life available, up to 25 years!
- Superior Packaging – Each No. 10 can is enamel-coated on the inside and outside for double protection. As a result, the can contents are protected until you are ready to open and use them. After opening, it is recommended that the contents be used within 2 to 3 weeks for best results and taste. This can be done by using the convenient resealing plastic lid between uses. Simply treat any leftover food as you would fresh food.
- Unsurpassed Quality Control – Mountain House Foods has a commitment to produce the highest quality products in the cleanest, most-modern, food processing plant. Their facilities have continuous USDA and FDA inspections. In addition, they use only the highest-quality meats, poultry, eggs, and vegetables. They make no substitutes. Every batch of food is tested, and re-tested again. They continue quality control (QC) testing and sampling during the entire canning process. Then, random cases are pulled off from each run for further QC inspections. Afterwards, their QC department holds each completed run until the testing is completed. Only then are their foods ready to leave their facilities.
Try Mountain House Freeze Dried Foods. Your family will love them.