David K. Shipler wrote a great opinion piece in the April 28, 2012 edition of the New York Times. It was entitled Terrorist Plots, Hatched by the F.B.I.. I am going to quote two paragraphs from that piece so you can get an idea of what he wrote:
THE United States has been narrowly saved from lethal terrorist plots in recent years — or so it has seemed. A would-be suicide bomber was intercepted on his way to the Capitol; a scheme to bomb synagogues and shoot Stinger missiles at military aircraft was developed by men in Newburgh, N.Y.; and a fanciful idea to fly explosive-laden model planes into the Pentagon and the Capitol was hatched in Massachusetts.
But all these dramas were facilitated by the F.B.I., whose undercover agents and informers posed as terrorists offering a dummy missile, fake C-4 explosives, a disarmed suicide vest and rudimentary training. Suspects naïvely played their parts until they were arrested.
After reading this, I was very happy. Finally, we have someone in the national media who can see clearly what is going on. The War on Terror is a joke. Even the Obama administration recently announced that the “War on Terror” is over. If that’s the case, then what was the reason for the Department of Homeland Security’s recent purchases?
You may not be aware, but the Department of Homeland security recently bought 350 million rounds of ammunition along with a large number of bulletproof checkpoints. Why did they do that if the “War on Terror” is over? The reason is because DHS has turned its mission from international terrorism to one of monitoring “domestic terrorism” here at home. And that means you and me.
Look at the signs:
- Threat Fusion Centers have been built and scattered across the country.
- DHS has bought millions of rounds of ammo and bulletproof checkpoints.
- Surveillance cameras are everywhere.
- The police have gotten more militarized and are now using equipment inside the U.S. that was once reserved just for military use in other countries.
- Drones are now being launched from over sixty locations across the U.S.
- If you decide to fly somewhere, you’re going to have to go through a scanner or be groped at the airport. Maybe both. Grandmas and small children are not exempt. Neither are U.S Congressman, Senators, paraplegics or invalids
Wake up America! Your freedoms have almost vanished. Enjoy what freedom you have left. And enjoy the internet while you still have it. They’re coming after it as we speak.