Almost everyday, we are told the economy is getting better. I suppose if they say it enough times, that makes it so.
Here are some economic numbers that are rather frightening. These are exactly why several top economists are predicting wide-spread civil unrest in the US very soon.
These numbers are courtesy of The Economic Collapse Blog:
- If the number of Americans that “wanted jobs” was the same today as it was back in 2007, the “official” unemployment rate put out by the U.S. government would be up to 11 percent.
- A staggering 48 percent of all Americans are either considered to be “low income” or are living in poverty.
- Approximately 57 percent of all children in the United States are living in homes that are either considered to be “low income” or impoverished.
- There are fewer payroll jobs in the United States today than there were back in 2000 even though we have added 30 million extra people to the population since then
- Since December 2007, median household income in the United States has declined by a total of 6.8% once you account for inflation.
- The average amount of time that a worker stays unemployed in the United States is now over 40 weeks.
- One recent survey found that 77 percent of all U.S. small businesses do not plan to hire any more workers.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.