The Wise Food Storage Company takes an innovative approach to long-term food storage and emergency preparedness. Their prepared entrees include both freeze-dried and dehydrated components, depending upon the food component.
They have done extensive evaluation, research, testing and have combined both freeze dry food and dehydrated food together to ensure optimal taste, texture and nutritional value. More expensive ingredients like peas and other vegetables are generally freeze-dried. Other ingredients like noodles and rice taste better when they are dehydrated.
Here are the Freeze-Dry and Dehydration Advantages:
- long shelf life
- With nearly all its water extracted, food is extremely light weight
- With the addition of water, food is quickly and completely reconstituted
- Wise Company customers enjoy peace of mind because of the food’s
- Food maintains its original flavor, shape, color, and texture
- Food retains its nutritional value
- Food is condensed in size
The freeze-drying process starts with the product being flash frozen and then is placed in a vacuum drying chamber. This procedure removes the majority of the water and moistening without affecting the taste, color, form or nutritional value of the food.
In dehydration, food is moved through a drying chamber where air removes the moisture. This occurs at low temperatures so that the nutritional content stays intact.