If the U.S. economy is going so great, then why is child poverty exploding? Why are more than half of all children in major U.S. cities like Cleveland and Detroit living in poverty? If we are the “greatest economy on Earth”, then why are one out of every four American children on food stamps?
Tonight, millions of American children will go to bed without any dinner. They will shiver as they try to go to sleep because their families cannot afford any heat. How bad does child poverty have to get before we all finally admit that our economic system is completely failing many of the most vulnerable members of our society? Our economy is in the midst of a long-term decline and is slowly but surely dying. Many of those that are suffering the most from this decline are children.
Are you aware that:
- Child homelessness in the United States is now 33 percent higher than it was back in 2007.
- According to the National Center on Family Homelessness, 1.6 million American children “were living on the street, in homeless shelters or motels, or doubled up with other families last year”.
- The percentage of children living in poverty in the United States increased from 16.9 percent in 2006 to nearly 22 percent in 2010. In the UK and in France the child poverty rate is well under 10 percent.
- In Washington D.C., the “child food insecurity rate” is 32.3%.
- A higher percentage of American children is living in poverty today than was living in poverty back in 1975.
- There are 10 different U.S. states where at least one out of every four babies is born to a family living in poverty.
- Since 2007, the number of children living in poverty in the state of California has increased by 30 percent.
- There are 314 counties in the United States where at least 30% of the children are facing food insecurity.
- According to the National Center for Children in Poverty, 36.4% of all children that live in Philadelphia are living in poverty, 40.1% of all children that live in Atlanta are living in poverty, 52.6% of all children that live in Cleveland are living in poverty and 53.6% of all children that live in Detroit are living in poverty.
- In the United States today, more than 35 percent of all African-American children are living in poverty and more than 33 percent of all Hispanic children are living in poverty.
- There are seven million children in the United States today that are not covered by health insurance at all.
- Today, one out of every seven Americans is on food stamps and one out of every four American children is on food stamps.
- It is being projected that approximately 50 percent of all U.S. children will be on food stamps at some point in their lives before they reach the age of 18.
- The number of children living in poverty in the U.S. has risen for four years in a row.
- In 2010, 42 percent of all single mothers in the United States were on food stamps.
- More than 20 million U.S. children rely on school meal programs to keep from going hungry.
So why are so many children suffering so much?
One reason is that millions of parents are unemployed. The government tells us that the official unemployment rate is 8.6 percent, but when you take an honest look at the numbers the truth is that the situation is much worse than that.
American families are being squeezed by this economy, and millions of children are feeling the pain.
Every single day, large numbers of American families get dumped out of the middle class and into poverty. According to the latest figures, extreme poverty in the United States is now at the highest level ever recorded. The number of good jobs continues to shrink and the poor are getting poorer. Things are really bad in America today, and unfortunately it looks like the economy is going to get a lot worse in the years ahead. However, most Americans believe that things will eventually return to “normal”.
After all, every time the U.S. has had a recession in the past we have always recovered and gone on to better things, right?
The hard truth is that this is not just another economic downturn. We are a nation that is drowning in debt even as our economic guts are being ripped out. The greatest economic machine in the history of the world is being destroyed right in front of our eyes, and most Americans don’t even realize it.
Sadly, most Americans are so brainwashed by the mainstream media that they are not going to believe you the first time that you tell them about all the statistics that point to a coming economic collapse.
America is in a massive amount of trouble, and because of the economic mistakes that we have made millions of children are going to needlessly suffer. Don’t let your family be one of the ones to suffer. Prepare now.