It seems like everytime I go to the grocery store, the prices have gone up. Yes, we have inflation of the U.S. Dollar, so that makes prices rise. However, the actual rate of inflation is undoubtedly higher than what the government reports. Still, I think that food will never be as cheap as it is now. Why?
There are are several reasons:
- Commodity prices will continue to rise in the U.S. in the next two years.
- As a whole, the world did not produce as much food last year as it consumed.
- Family farms are on the way out in the U.S. Food will soon be done entirely by big agricultural conglomerates.
- The wealthy are buying up water rights around the world.
- Grocery prices are going up, while large grocery corporations are paying less to farmers. In France, dairy farmers are regularly protesting the price of milk. They can’t make it.
These are just some of the reasons. When the corporations have taken complete control of the world’s water and food supply, we will see food prices skyrocket. In additon, the US. will be experiencing hyperinflation in the next two years. We may think food is not that expensive now, but just wait until the U.S. Dollar crashes and the full force of hyperinflation shows itself.
You also need to think about GMO foods (genetically-modified). The world is moving towards GMO foods in a big way. If you want to learn more about this and the danger of vitamin and mineral supplements becoming unavailable, then do a search on the Codex Alimentarius. If we don’t do something, in a few years time, we will not have access to healthy food. When that happens, life expectancy will go down for everyone.
All these things add up to higher food prices in the future. Please think about storing some food and water now. You’ll never be able to provide for your family’s security for so little, ever again. You have several options, Mountain House freeze dried food, dehydrated foods, MREs, bulk staples, canned goods. Get it will you can still afford to purchase it.