Freeze Dried Food and other types of food storage are not the only things you should be storing for an emergency. Some members of your family may have special needs that need to be taken into account. You should store these items too.
Older members of your family you care for will have special needs you need to plan for. Here is a partial list of items to have on hand:
- Prescription Medications – this includes any medications needed on a daily basis. This could be heart, blood pressure medication, insulin, etc.
- Denture Needs
- Eyeglasses, Contacts, and Cleaning Supplies
- Disposable Undergarments
- Walkers, canes, sit stools, etc.
Babies need lots of things on a daily basis. Here are some items to take into consideration:
- Powdered Milk
- Moist towelettes
- Disposable Diapers and/or Cloth Diapers
- Diaper Rash Ointment
- Baby Powder
- Baby Carriers
Pets are not just our beloved companions, they are members of our families. Here are some common pet items that you should consider storing:
- Pet Food
- Food Bowls, Water Bowls
- Pet Carriers
- Cat Litter and Litter Box
- Pet Collars
- Pet Leads